The Oregon Coast Council for the Arts is accepting proposals for the 24th Annual Newport Book & Paper Arts Festival. The 2019 Festival is April 26-28 with workshops held at the Newport Visual Arts Center and locations around Newport. We welcome new and innovative techniques as well as traditional processes, including but not limited to: Assemblage, Book Arts, Collage, Dyeing, Mix Media, Paper Making, Paper Manipulation, Printing, Specialty Binding Techniques, and Surface Design.
We are looking for one-, two- and three-day workshops. Workshop hours are from 9:30-4:30, with an hour break from 12:30-1:30. Our classrooms vary in size, accommodating 8-16 students. In your proposal(s), please indicate how many students you are willing to teach. Final class size will be determined by room size and availability.
We encourage you to submit multiple workshops for consideration.
Instructors receive: (Note increases and changes in instructor payments and per diems for the 2019 Festival)
1. Instructors are based on the number of students that attend the class. $400 for 6-10 students, $450 for 11 or more students.
2. Materials Fee: the total cost of the materials provided by the instructor for the workshop.
3. Complimentary lunch on the day(s) you instruct.
4. Travel Stipend of $0.15 a mile roundtrip (shortest route), up to $250.
5. Room and Board per diem of $90 for each day you teach, if you live 50 or more miles from Newport.
6. An invitation to show work for sale in the 2019 NPAF Instructor’s Show in the Upstairs Gallery. (OCCA members receive a 65% artist commission; non-OCCA members receive a $60 artist commission.)
7. 25% off the registration fee of any workshops taken at the festival. (Materials fees and lunches not included.)
Down load the attached form and return with up to 3 jpeg images of 250 or more dpi, per proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please retain a copy of each proposal for yourself.
The deadline for proposals is October 5, 2018.
Please send in your proposals as soon as possible ahead of the deadline. Don’t wait until the last minute to submit!
Note: Proposals that are incomplete or are postmarked after October 5 cannot be considered.
We will mail proposal acceptance confirmations in late October.
At that time, we will supply further information about the festival schedule.
Mail to: NPBAF/OCCA, PO BOX 1315, NEWPORT OR 97365 or email proposal to: email@example.com
Contact Tom Webb, 541-265-6569, firstname.lastname@example.org or Sara Siggelkow, email@example.com
Read more about: