The Florence Regional Arts Alliance (FRAA) is very excited to invite artists to participate in the 1st annual “Florence Fest” to be held at the Florence Events Center on March 31 and April 1, 2017.
This unique event, which will feature two days of Jazz, Art and Wine, will be highlighted by talented jazz musicians and outstanding wine from some of the best wineries in the Willamette Valley. The juried art section of the event will provide maximum exposure for creative artist’s work and significant prize money will be awarded.
Selection for the exhibit will be made by Robert Canaga, who is an accomplished painter, photographer and printmaker. He has been the curator for numerous exhibitions throughout the Northwest; including the Gallery at the Watershed, Peace Health Headquarters, OPUS6IX, and the Coos Art Museum. He is a former gallery owner and has also exhibited in over 30 selected shows, most recently at a 3-month show in the State Capitol Building. His work currently appears in 14 public and private collections. There is an exquisite sense of style and strength in his own work, and his tastes and preferences are eclectic and run across a broad range of styles.
Cash prizes will also be awarded and will be selected by an awards committee of three local artists and gallery owners: SK Lindsey (Kenneth B.Gallery), Marianne Brisbane, (Vardanian Gallery) and Steve Dennis (Earthworks Gallery)
1st place = $1,000
2nd place = $500
3rd place = $250
The deadline for entries is February 12, 2017.
This is an opportunity to be part of a very special event. After reviewing the entry information, if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Applications should consist of original, well-conceived, and expertly executed works made by the applicant in the last 5 years.
- Entries are to be 2D art and 3D work.
- Size: 2D entries maximum size is 48” (height) X 36” (width), including frame. 3D work can be no more than 20 pounds in weight and 20” in width. There is also limited space for “free-standing” 3D work that is not more than 30” at its widest point.
- 2D art must be wired and ready for hanging – Gallery Ready.
- Accepted work which differs significantly from work represented in entry will be disqualified.
- Applicant can submit up to three entries. Images submitted should be high-resolution (between 1400 and 4000 pixels at the largest dimension) and 72 dpi. The file should be in jpeg format and the file size should be limited to 3mg.
- Entry fees: There is a non-refundable entry fee of $35 for the first entry, $15 for the second and $10 for the third.
- Payment: All entries must be made through PayPal/Credit Card. There are no other payment options. PayPal is a simple and secure method. You may pay by credit card with PayPal and this is explained when you click on the PayPal button when submitting your entry.
- All work must be for sale and reflect the artist’s current pricing structure
- Sales commission of 25% will be retained by the Florence Regional Arts Alliance (FRAA) on all works sold
- Deadline for submission is midnight, Sunday, February 12, 2017
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
- Show dates: Friday, March 31, 2017 (2 – 8 pm) and Saturday, April 1, ( 12 – 8pm)
- February 12 – deadline for all online entries
- Week of February 20 – Acceptance/rejection notices are sent by e-mail.
- March 29 – Selected works must be delivered by 4:00pm on this date to the Florence Events Center. (work will be accepted on March 28 and 29)
- March 30 – 6-8 pm – Artist’s reception – Prize winners announced
- 1st prize = $1,000
- 2nd prize = $500
- 3rd prize = $250
- April 3 – final deadline for pick-up of all work
Read more about: