Gems of the Ocean – a themed Art Quilt Show
Gems of the Ocean is a juried show presented by Ocean Artistry, (oceanartistry.org) a division of the 501(c) 3, non-profit, Polly Plumb Productions, Yachats, Oregon. The show is March 10-11-12, 2017 in Yachats, Oregon. To learn more about Yachats, please visit Frommer’s website: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/yachats/627589
All entries must be made on-line through this website registration process. All payments will be by credit card or PayPal. All notifications will be made by email.
Exhibit Dates: March 10-11-12, 2017 in the Yachats Commons, Yachats, Oregon
Application Dates: December 15, 2016 through January 15, 2017
Artwork will be juried by: January 25, 2017
Entrants will be notified by: February 1, 2017 (all notifications by email, accepted and declined entries)
Artwork arrive by: March 1, 2017 (special arrangements must be made for hand delivery of any artwork)
Digital Images: Two images, one overall, and one detailed. No image enhancements allowed. High quality, high resolution JPEG will be accepted with a minimum of 1800 pixels on the shortest side. Preliminary acceptance will be granted on the basis of the digital image submission. Prizes will be awarded for excellence in design and workmanship. Prizes are determined after the exhibit is installed.
Selection Process: Acceptance will be determined by theme, design, originality, visual impact and quality of the work.
AWARDS: $2000 in cash prizes will be awarded
1st award $1000
2nd award $500
3rd award $250
Viewer’s Choice award $250
Entry Fees: Each quilt submitted must be illustrated by TWO JPEG images, one full view and one detail. The entrance fee is $25 for up to three pieces entered. Payments will be made with credit card or PayPal.
Shipping: to be paid/prepaid both ways by the artist. Return shipping must accompany the submission
- A quilt is a fabric sandwich comprised of least two layers.
- Up to three entries of original work per person are permitted.
- Preliminary acceptance will be granted based upon digital images. Final acceptance will be granted after examination of the actual artwork.
- Quilts made or derived from kits, workshops, classes or commercial patterns are not eligible.
- Quilts must have a minimum 3”, continuous sleeve attached to the back of the top of the quilt.
- You are encouraged to have your quilt for sale. Polly Plumb Productions will retain a 25% commission on all sales made during the exhibition. State your insurance value and sale price with the commission included. This value is included in the application.
The artist contact email provided on the on-line application must remain active during the submission and exhibition process. The artist is responsible for checking their email for acceptance and/or decline and other information regarding the show.
All quilts must arrive clean, undamaged, and free of strong odors in order to be judged and shown. We reserve the right to omit an entry from judging or display if the quality or condition does not meet standards upon hands-on inspection.
Quilts must be no more than 72" wide and 96" long.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Ruth Bass at email@example.com. If you have technical questions about the on-line system, please contact Lisa Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about: