The 22nd Annual PushPin Show, sponsored by OCCA, welcomes Lincoln County artists of all ages and levels of experience to show their artwork in the Runyan Gallery at the Newport Visual Arts Center (VAC).
All Lincoln County residents including beginners, emerging artists, established professionals, hobbyists and dabblers, youngsters, oldsters, college students and retirees are invited to participate. Artwork includes visual and literary arts.
Rules for the PushPin Show:
1) The artwork must be original. No prints or facsimiles.
2) You must be able to hang your artwork with just four or fewer pushpins. Each artist should hang their own work.
3) Work should be no larger than 48" x 48" so there is enough wall space for everyone.
4) This is a family-oriented community show, and OCCA asks that the work be appropriate for all audiences.
5) Artwork may be for sale, and OCCA encourages you to put a price on your work. OCCA retains a 30% commission if you are an OCCA member and a 35% commission for those who are not members.
To enter the show, bring your artwork to the Runyan Gallery at the VAC on Friday, Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday, Dec. 8 between 11a.m. and 4 p.m.
The original PushPin Show was the brainchild of local artist and art activist Jimmy Frankfort. And while it has grown over the years, it still adheres to an inclusive, all-county, community show that exemplifies part of the OCCA mission to build an "art bridge" between the arts and the community. By bringing together the resources of the VAC, the diverse talents of the many community artists, and the public, all can share in the creation, celebration and support of local art.
Visitors to the PushPin Show have the opportunity to vote for their favorite piece. The "People's Choice" winner and runners-up, determined by votes submitted throughout the show, will be announced at the gallery opening reception in January.
Read more about: