Five Clatsop County authors will be available to sign books and give author readings at Lum’s Auto Center on December 7, 2013, Saturday, from Noon – 2:00 pm. Lum’s will host lunch during the event. Personalized, autographed books make great gifts for the holidays. The authors will donate a portion of the sales price of their books to support the SMART (Start Making A Reader Today) literacy program in our local schools.
The local authors include:
* Gloria Linkey, a well known historian, authored "Native American Women: Three Who Changed History", a historically correct, non-fiction work. She resides in Seaside.
* Honey Perkel, also a Seaside resident, wrote a trilogy that takes place in Seaside, Oregon. Also, she recently published a memoir, "Just Breathe", depicting the struggle of raising a son who suffered from mental illness.
* Paula Judith Johnson, pen name of Teresa Brown whose home is in Hammond, has written both a historical and contemporary romance. Clatsop County is the location for her most recent romance "Starting Over".
* Melissa EskueOusley of Warrenton, received her Ph.D in higher education from the University of Arizona. She is currently working on the third novel of "The SolasBeir Trilogy", a young adult fantasy series.
* Brian D. Ratty is the award winning author of "Tillamook Passage".
Come by Lum's Auto Center on December 7, 2013 between Noon and 2:00 pm for lunch and to obtain personalized autographed copies of the numerous works of local authors and help support the SMART literacy programs in Clatsop County schools.