The mission of the Lower Columbia Diversity Project (LCDP) is to engage pro-actively with diversity issues in the region, educate the community on the benefits of diversity, tolerance, and inclusion, and provide a forum through which individuals, groups, and organizations may address concerns relating to diversity in the community.
To further this mission the LCDP will do the following:
• Serve as the point of contact for the community in addressing issues of diversity
• Provide a supportive and safe environment for the sharing of opinions and concerns
• Provide information and referral services to the community concerning diversity issues
• Provide education and outreach to the larger community on diversity issues
• Provide technical assistance to government agencies concerning diversity issues
The LCDP holds these values in furthering its mission:
• We will demonstrate respect for individual differences, including, but not limited to, sex, race, national origin, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, physical or mental challenges, age, and marital status.
• Only with respect, dignity and equality for all will we reach our full potential as human beings, individually and collectively.