Entertain the Future!
A Capital Campaign to Expand and Enhance the Newport Performing Arts Center
What started as a good idea in Newport has grown into an economic and cultural treasure. Demand for the Newport Performing Arts Center continues to grow.
Oregon Coast Council for the Arts (OCCA) manages the center, also affectionately known as the PAC, for the City of Newport.
The PAC embodies many of the ideas that compelled this community to support its construction. Over more than 25 years, over 500,000 people have come through its doors. The PAC is a destination!
- The PAC is home to 189 performances a year and 11 resident companies.
- The PAC is used 350 days during the year.
- An average of over 25,979 paid ticket audience members attend annually.
- An average of 6300 students attend or participate in performances annually.
Over three years of assessment, 1,127 people helped the OCCA Visioning Committee identify the following needs at the PAC:
1. Improve and update existing sound and lighting systems;
2. Improve and expand public spaces, including the lobby, bathrooms and concessions; and
3. Improve the use and flexibility of the Studio Theater, backstage areas and green room.
The "Entertain the Future!" Capital Campaign to Expand and Enhance the Newport Performing Arts Center will
1. Better serve the acoustic requirements of the PAC’s diverse performance types;
2. Improve audience experience;
3. Increase rehearsal and meeting spaces;
4. Allow simultaneous performances in both theatres;
5. Increase facility revenue and sustainability.
Browse the full capital campaign brochure here (PDF), or learn more about the campaign on the pages below.